We are currently enrolling students for Fall of 2020, as well as continuing our rolling admissions for the 2019-2020 school year. The admission process starts with careful assessment of your child and a meeting with our admissions, and clinical team.
Shrub Oak Advantage
We’ve combined the most successful therapeutic models and the latest evidence-based principles into a curriculum with an unsurpassed level of individual focus and care that enables each student to progress toward a purposeful future.
What makes us unique:
- Internationally respected leadership with expertise in unique clinical approaches and life-skills development.
- Each student’s team of clinicians, teachers, and student-life staff collaborate closely to address the student’s issues quickly and reinforce therapies and learning paths.
- Classroom staff-to-student ratio of 1:2.
- Equipped to serve children and young adults on the autism spectrum who face complex challenges and have high personal attention needs.
- Individualized Transdisciplinary Education Programs (ITEP) developed, student-by-student, with collaboration among parents, educators, clinicians, and student life staff.
- Independence, life skills, and career/vocational competencies developed on a student-by-student basis to nurture the highest level of each individual’s abilities.
- A variety of activities on- and off-campus that support social interaction, community involvement, and vocational learning.
- Advanced, technology-infused facilities set on 127 wooded acres one hour from New York City, where students have opportunities centered around recreation, sports, agriculture, therapy animals, hiking, arts, culture, crafts, technology, and more.
- State-of-the-art security systems incorporated into the buildings and grounds to ensure the safety of every student.
“Shrub Oak is the best thing to happen to our family.
In these uncertain times I could not be more happy that my 15 year old son is in such a safe and engaging environment. While I miss my him terribly and hate being so far away (we are in Northern California) I am relieved to finally have partners in my life that love and care for him as well as, if not better than, I would be able to right now. The staff is being extra careful. They are providing activities to keep him engaged beyond anything that I could.
The amount of love, care and hope that is present among all the staff and faculty is heart warming to me as a mom. I have likened it to LoveTea or LoveSoup and that the kids are continually being steeped in this healing brew that cannot help but affect them in positive ways. I am touched and amazed by the accommodations and adjustments that are continually made to make things work, to provide the most encouraging learning environment. Shrub Oak is not inexpensive but it is worth it and even more so during this evolving crisis. I am beyond grateful.”