We are currently enrolling students for Fall of 2020, as well as continuing our rolling admissions for the 2019-2020 school year. The admission process starts with careful assessment of your child and a meeting with our admissions, and clinical team.
Shrub Oak Advantage
We’ve combined the most successful therapeutic models and the latest evidence-based principles into a curriculum with an unsurpassed level of individual focus and care that enables each student to progress toward a purposeful future.
What makes us unique:
- Internationally respected leadership with expertise in unique clinical approaches and life-skills development.
- Each student’s team of clinicians, teachers, and student-life staff collaborate closely to address the student’s issues quickly and reinforce therapies and learning paths.
- Classroom staff-to-student ratio of 1:2.
- Equipped to serve children and young adults on the autism spectrum who face complex challenges and have high personal attention needs.
- Individualized Transdisciplinary Education Programs (ITEP) developed, student-by-student, with collaboration among parents, educators, clinicians, and student life staff.
- Independence, life skills, and career/vocational competencies developed on a student-by-student basis to nurture the highest level of each individual’s abilities.
- A variety of activities on- and off-campus that support social interaction, community involvement, and vocational learning.
- Advanced, technology-infused facilities set on 127 wooded acres one hour from New York City, where students have opportunities centered around recreation, sports, agriculture, therapy animals, hiking, arts, culture, crafts, technology, and more.
- State-of-the-art security systems incorporated into the buildings and grounds to ensure the safety of every student.