Students at Shrub Oak:
- Have a diagnosis of Autism, Nonverbal Learning Disabilities, Social Pragmatic Disorder, ADHD, Learning and Cognitive Disabilities, Dual Diagnoses of Autism and Co-Occurring Conditions, Twice Exceptional, Communication and Social challenges, Learning and Behavior Differences, or other related conditions
- Benefit from small class size, high teacher-student ratio, and nurturing, structured student-life activities
- May have difficulty with social interactions, executive functioning, and abstract, non-literal communication
- May experience sensory integration challenges, such as under- or overactive responses to sensory stimulation
- Do not exhibit consistent self-injurious or intense physically aggressive behaviors that are dangerous to themselves or others
- Are not involved in substance abuse, do not have eating disorders, are not pregnant, do not exhibit overtly sexualized behaviors, and do not engage in fire-setting behaviors.